Until 2027, according to current discussions EUR 95,4 billion will be made available for research and innovation.
As the regional contact centre for the world's largest funding program for research and innovation - Horizon Europe - Business Upper Austria supports your success in funding projects.
Horizon Europe provides funding according to the following pillars:
- Excellent Science
- Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness
- Innovative Europe
Major novelties in comparison to the previous framework program are:
- Missions: Horizon Europe defines 5 missions which will be programmed within the Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness pillar. The 5 missions areas are „climate-neutral and smart cities“, „cancer“, „adaptation to climate change (including societal transformation)“, „soil health and food“ and „healthy oceans, seas, coastal and inland waters“.
- Partnerships: There will be a new approach to partnerships according to the following three categories: co-programmed, co-funded and institutionalised.
- Clusters: Pillar 2 will be composed of six different clusters which have the goal to boost key technologies and solutions underpinning EU policies and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- European Innovation Council (EIC): The EIC is composed of two complementary instruments (Pathfinder and Accelerator) bridging the gap from idea to investable project. It supports innovations with a breakthrough and disruptive nature as well as a scale up potential that are too risky for private investors.